Architectural Metalwork Installer
Reports to Installation Superintendent
- The installation of various types of custom architectural and ornamental metalwork.
- Drivers License.
- Pass Drug testing.
- Pass security screening as required by project.
- Out of city/state travel necessary.
- Night work required on some projects.
- Work conditions vary by project. Indoor and/or outdoor work may be required.
- Work may require scaffolding, scissor lifts or similar equipment for access.
- Adhere to project safety guidelines.
- Read and understand fabrication drawings and weld symbols.
- Experience assembling and installing the following; non-ferrous and stainless steel metal cladding and panels at beams, soffits, walls, columns, escalators, and power-walkways. Installation of glass and/or metal guardrail and handrail systems, sunshades, canopies, grilles, and other architectural, ornamental and decorative metalwork.
- Ability to TIG weld and finish non-ferrous metals and stainless steel.
- Maintain a safe working area.
- Wear safety equipment at all times while working.
- Maintain equipment and keep work area clean.
- Inspect personal work for accuracy.
- Follow quality control procedures.
- Verify dimensions and quantities match fabrication drawings.
- Assist with field surveys and measurements as required.
- Assist with inspections as required.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Enter project work hours on work orders and time cards.
- Typical work week is Monday through Friday. Work days and hours determined by project requirements.
- Two years previous experience and/or installation test supervised by installation superintendent.
- General knowledge of standard welding processes and practices.
- Experience with all tools required for the installation of architectural and ornamental metalwork.
- This job may expose the worker and others around the work area to dangerous burns and/or eye damage due to flashing and glare. Accident hazards can also involve severe cuts and bruises. Protective equipment is required and must be worn at all times when working.
» Send your resume