Reports to Shop Manager
- The fabrication of various types of custom metal assemblies requiring cutting, welding and finishing.
TIG Welder Requirements
- Pass drug test.
- Experience welding non-ferrous metals and stainless steel.
- Experience welding, brazing and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment.
- Read and understand fabrication drawings and weld symbols.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Wear Protective equipment at all times while working.
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded, set-up, assemble and tack-weld parts.
- Assist in cutting and/or finishing parts as required.
- Maintain equipment and keep work area clean.
- Inspect personal work for accuracy.
- Follow quality control procedures.
- Verify correct metal alloys are used in materials.
- Verify dimensions and quantities match fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate welding inspections as required.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Enter project work hours on work orders and time cards.
- Minimum work week is Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Two years previous experience and/or welding test supervised by the shop manager.
- General knowledge of standard welding processes and practices.
- Welding certification.
- This job may expose the worker to and others around the work area to dangerous burns and/or damage due to flashing and glare. Accident hazards can also involve sever cuts and bruises. Protective equipment is required and must be worn at all times when working.
» Send your resume